Monday, November 16, 2009

:: APPRECIATE WHAT WE HAVE NOW::




I was actually doing my rotation today in National Rehabilitation Hospital which is near to Dun Laoghaire, Dublin. It was a new experience for me because this hospital is actually focus on spinal injuries rehab. This hospital is very far away and it took me about 1hour to get there. So i have to get bed early to ensure i get on time tomorrow morning.

This was not a story i wanted to tell u guys..what i want to share with other people out there is about a little young teenager who is very strong enough for me get through her life.

At about 11 a.m. Me and Hazel,my partner where allocated to be at OPD spinal injuries department. We met Dr Jacinta McElligott. She a lovely and brilliant consultant i would say here. We got plenty of patients here. Some with cerebral palsy, stroke, etc..

The last patient we met was a young teenager with blonde hair. She was walking towards us to get into the room using her modified walking equipment. When she came into the room, Dr Jacinta actually asked her to tell us her background history how she came to the rehab centre. She got a car accident last year and had partial spinal injuries at level T7. This is the reason why she can't walk properly because her lower limb was so weak. She had been hospitalised before about 6 months and now she's actually studied from home.

At that time, she really touched me on how she can be that strong at the very young age and able went through all this. She still can potray a sincere smile. Thats amazing. She gave me a thought of appreciating what we have now. We do have health. That is priceless for me because if i'm not well a wouldn't manage to do what i want to do now. We wouldn't know what will happen to us in the future. Young age doesn't means we won't get any disablities.

I would pray and thanks to Allah for what He gave me until now. I really appreciate to have a happy family, a caring boyfriend, lovely friends, and even my study which is part of my dreams. Thanks Allah..Alhamdulillah

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing.
It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails